Dream Collage Art can help us discover and follow our dreams. This blog is dedicated to helping you find yourself and your future in photos, magazines, paint and/or any other collage materials.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
How to Create a Dream Collage
Things You'll Need
Pictures from various sources
1. Prime yourself. Sit quietly with your eyes closed for at least 5 minutes and think. Decide what your utmost dreams actually are. Maybe you want to be a top-selling author, work freelance from your home and travel to exotic lands. Perhaps you are pining for a soulmate, perfect dog or new cat. Review your dreams in your mind so you can better specify them in your dream collage.
2. Form your collage's base. Take a sheet of newspaper for the base of your collage. Select a sheet from a section that has something to do with your goals, since you are forming a base for all else to stem from. For instance, if you want to be that author, take a sheet from the book review section. Cut the sheet to fit the frame you’ve chosen and lay the piece flat in front of you.
3. Collect your dream images. Go through your stack of old magazines, journals, postcards and other stuff that may have dream images or phrases. You can also cut pictures and phrases from just about anywhere: the TV guide, a cereal box, a bumper sticker that tells you to “live free.” Whatever suits your fancy and desires should be put into your dream collage.
4. Draw or write any additional images and thoughts you want included. If you just can’t find something that helps you get across your dream of being a belly dancer in central Canada, feel free to write it out or draw illustrations that depict your goal. You can also include a checklist, such as: published poems, trip to theBahamas, house in Paris. If you have very specific images in mind, such as the perfect dream house, draw that house and include the image.
5. Arrange your collection and glue it to the newspaper base. You may want to begin arranging your dream images as you go along so you know how much space you are working with. Once arranged, glue your dream snippets into place with a paper or craft glue. Allow to dry thoroughly.
6. Frame and hang it. Place your dream collage into your chosen frame and hang it in an area where you will see it daily. The more you gaze at your dream collage, sending your goals from your mind into the universe, the stronger your chances of achieving them will become.